2015 has been full of unforgettable moments and has brought some amazing people into my life who I now can't imagine living without. I am much happier now than I was this time last year, and I have achieved some amazing things including getting AAAA in my AS levels, applying to university, getting my first job, finally recovering from an eating disorder, cutting off 16 inches of my hair for charity, getting rid of toxic people from my life and falling in love.
2016 is going to be a big year for me, as I'll be turning 18 in May and going off to university in September, and I know there will be some huge changes to my life. I am a little bit terrified but mostly excited for what this year has to offer and how I'll grow as a person faced with new challenges. I've made a couple of resolutions to keep me on track towards a happy, healthy me, which I intend to look back on over the course of the year to make sure I'm still fulfilling them.
1. Eat healthily - I know this is a very clichéd resolution, but I want to ensure I don't fall back into any unhealthy habits this year such as skipping meals or eating junk food out of convenience. I always feel and work a lot better when I eat properly, which is going to be more important than ever this year as I'm doing my A levels and starting university. However, this doesn't mean I'm going to be avoiding "unhealthy" foods altogether, as I know it is healthy to have them in moderation with the right mindset.
2. Tone up - Unfortunately when I lost a lot of weight a few years back I also lost my muscle definition from years of competitive swimming and gymnastics. I think this year I will be able to approach fitness with a healthy mindset, and exercise to tone up rather than to lose weight.
3. Save money - I am an absolute shopaholic and often turn to shopping when I'm stressed, sad or bored. I end up purchasing things I'll never get around to wearing as my closet is already absolutely stuffed, when I could be saving the money to spend on experiences, holidays, festivals and university. I'm going to put myself on a spending ban apart from items which are absolutely essential, refrain from online browsing and steer clear of the city centre as much as possible.
4. Keep room tidy - Having a messy room really stresses me out and makes me anxious, but as I don't have a lot of free time aside from college and my job, my mess often piles up because I just leave things lying around. I'm going to try my best to put everything back in its place after using it, and throwing out everything I don't use (this involves a huge wardrobe clear out in the new year!)
5. Work hard - To be fair, I do this already and my mum often has to tell me to STOP revising at night and give myself a break! However, this year is really important work wise and I'd hate to fall at the final hurdle due to not doing enough revision for my exams.
6. Relax - Anyone who knows me knows I hardly ever give myself time to relax, and I often overload myself with work and plans to the point that I physically can't even fit in 8 hours of sleep a night. I really need to work on giving myself some downtime to reload and make sure I stay sane.
7. Appreciate people - I think all of us overlook those around us to some extent and often don't make it clear how grateful we are to have people in our life. This year I am going to try and show my friends, family and boyfriend how much I love them every day and never take them for granted.
Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? Please share them in the comments below! I'd love to hear what goals you're setting yourselves for 2016.
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me!
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Tumblr